Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Hair Today...Cancer Gone Tomorrow? Make Movember Matter!

Yes, that grubby mug is mine.  I am in day four of a month-long ban on shaving my upper lip.  To celebrate the month of "Movember" I am joining a worldwide movement to raise awareness and money to support The Prostate Cancer Foundation and The Lance Armstrong Foundation.  Since 2003 The Movember Foundation has organized a global movement of men growing "Mo's" (Aussie slang for "Moustache") in the month of November as a way to "change the face of Men's Health.  To date, Movember has raised $47 million globally, making it the world's largest charity event for men.

HELP ME GIVE SOME LIP SERVICE TO A GOOD CAUSE

One in six men will experience prostate cancer in their lifetime so this is a serious men's health issue,  Movember is an easy way to support a good cause.  I don't have to walk or run, I just have to grow a moustache, and encourage YOU to support the cause as well.  I launched my participation in Movember with a clean shave on Dad-o-matic and I have set up a donation page where you can join my team and make a contribution.  I will also be posting more pictures of my grubby mug there along the way.

Please visit my donation page and contribute at any level you can. It really is for a good cause. Together we can change the face of men's health!  Thank you for anything you can do to help.

Posted via email from Kiss My SASS!